SM Yong Tau Foo, Klang

Firstly, following in this review, I had received several great yong tau recommendations.SM Yong Tau Foo in Klang had caught my attention. Several readers agreed that SM Yong Tau Foo is one of the greatest in town. 


Moreover, I’ve never associated Klang with anything other than bak kut the. So, going to Klang for yong tau foo is a departure from my usual routine. But I’ve persisted because a Klang based acquaintance told me that SM Yong Tau Foo has been a favourite hangout spot for her and her family. 

After that, Shiela and I arrived around 10.30 a.m., so I was able to secure a table. Many diners also chose to take their yong tau foo home, making the eating experience even more relaxing. I ordered typical yong tau foo fare of stuffed brinjal (my personal favourite), white tofu, ladies finger, fish ball, sui kow (soup and fried), and fried beancurd skin (foo pei). 

Furthermore, I had ordered curry chee cheong fun (sweet sauce and curry variant) and curry noodles to go with the yong tau foo.In comparison to other yong tau foo establishments I’ve visited in the past, SM's chee cheong fun is smoother and has a good bite. The sweet sauce version has a lot of fried shallots for flavour, while the curry version is pleasantly spicy and goes well with the fried yong tau foo. 

Overall, I think SM had provided a really nice yong tau foo, however it's certainly more old school because the fish paste isn't heavily spiced. For umami, the other YTF establishments frequently add a lot of dried cuttlefish or minced pork.

 Additional Information:

【SM Yong Tau Foo, Klang 森记酿豆

Opening hours: 8am-5pm

Address: 72-74, Lorong Tampin, Kawasan 18, 41400 Klang, Selangor

Contact Number: 012-2275887

 Ratings: -

Parking: 8/10 (1-3 bad, 4-7 average, 8-10 good)

Service: 7/10 (1-3 bad, 4-7 average, 8-10 good)

Taste: 8/10 (1-3 bad, 4-7 average, 8-10 good)

Ambiance: 7/10 (1-3 bad, 4-7 average, 8-10 good)

Government Tax: RM1.30

Comments